Any ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

boalova13
10+ year member

That's what she said
I got my reconed bl back today, I hooked everything up and something's not right. Its a d1 wired to 2 ohms. the amp powers up and you can feel the sub barely moving, I stress barely. The input voltage is right around 14 volts so i'm good there. The amp is a rockford t30001bd. What else could i check? any ideas? thanks

Double check your speaker wiring

Check the gain control

Check the crossover settings

Check that you have a signal coming in on the RCA wire (you can try plugging in a portable mp3 player directly to the amp to check)

Check that you have signal coming out of the amp

Double check your speaker wiringCheck the gain control

Check the crossover settings

Check that you have a signal coming in on the RCA wire (you can try plugging in a portable mp3 player directly to the amp to check)

Check that you have signal coming out of the amp
How would i go about this? I've checked the settings, i wasn't sure if i was able to checkif i have signal coming out, thanks. would hooking up an mp3 player tell me if its my rcas? I'm kind of hoping it is because i have two sets of krystal kables to install when i put in the btl

Well, if you plug in an mp3 player directly into the amp, using a headphone to RCA converter cable, and you get sound out of the sub, then you know the problem is either with the RCA's from the headunit, or the headunit itself.

To check that you have signal coming out of the amp, you can plug in a speaker that you know is good, and see if you get sound. If you don't have another speaker you can try, you could use a multimeter set to AC, and attach it to the speaker output on the amp, and you should get a fluctuating signal, that fluctuates with the music. If you just get zero, then you're not getting anything out of the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.