Any decent head units out there with an optical out.

optical in a car? in all my years ive never run across this. dont get me wrong ive used it in my HT setup for years. My qeustion is why are you needing a optic output anyway? what would it be running to?

i think alpine had one or one of their processors did, but the car audio industry is content with using RCA and not simplifying to a better audio signal (really wish they'd go to fiber optic or hdmi for more capabilities)

Optical out isn't used anymore because with the older source units that have it it only works on CDs. AM/FM radio? Nope. SiriusXM? Nope. HD radio? Nope. iPod/iPhone? Nope. So who here honestly jams their CDs that often that they really need optical out? Plus there's the issue of whether we can actually hear a difference between optical and RCA out when we're driving. You know, that thing we do with our cars rather than using it as a listening room. SQ competitors are a different story, but that's too small a niche.

optical in a car? in all my years ive never run across this. dont get me wrong ive used it in my HT setup for years. My qeustion is why are you needing a optic output anyway? what would it be running to?
Audison bit one

i found a kenwood dvd player i could run rcas to that has an optical out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.