Any cheap decks decent?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Frankensuby
10+ year member

I'm in Ur F0rumZ
PA
I'm searching for ways to cut costs off of a buddy's system I am building.

Currently the deck I have in the system build is a Pioneer DEH-7800. I chose it with the guy who was overviewing it with me, but I'm trying to be as thrifty as possible.

I like Units like the JVC KD-AVX2 and the DEH-7800. Are their any other brands out there that are good quality for the money, and have the same features and screen quality?

Possibly cheaper?

Some Ideas of units that catch my eye for cheap.....

Clarion DXZ865MP

Dual XDVD8130

Lanzar SV28M

Blaupunkt MP66

Panasonic C9901N

JVC KD-AVX1 & 2

There are some ugly names in there, but I'm more interested in specs and features than name brand for the friend's ride.

What does the S/N ratio stand for? What is better, higher or lower numbers. I.E 78 S/N vs. 105 S/N.

Crap, I started the next thread before I thought about posting on this one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

Some Ideas of units that catch my eye for cheap.....
Clarion DXZ865MP

Dual XDVD8130

Lanzar SV28M

Blaupunkt MP66

Panasonic C9901N

JVC KD-AVX1 & 2

There are some ugly names in there, but I'm more interested in specs and features than name brand for the friend's ride.

What does the S/N ratio stand for? What is better, higher or lower numbers. I.E 78 S/N vs. 105 S/N.

Crap, I started the next thread before I thought about posting on this one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif
i have the avx-1 and really like it. DO NOT BUY IT TO WATCH MOVIES ON, however. i use dvd mp3 discs, which is why i bought it. the screen is fine for menus and such, but much too small for movies. the avx 2 has more options, and the buttons are layed out a little different. overall, i love the avx1. performs way above my expectations. blaupunkt makes good decks as well. i had a panasonic (forget the model now) and hated it. stay away from lanzar and dual. not sure about clarion.

i have the avx-1 and really like it. DO NOT BUY IT TO WATCH MOVIES ON, however. i use dvd mp3 discs, which is why i bought it. the screen is fine for menus and such, but much too small for movies. the avx 2 has more options, and the buttons are layed out a little different. overall, i love the avx1. performs way above my expectations. blaupunkt makes good decks as well. i had a panasonic (forget the model now) and hated it. stay away from lanzar and dual. not sure about clarion.
I remember you answered some Q's from my last thread regarding their reliability //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This one is for the friend who just wants better than stock. Almost anything will do, but I'm trying to get best flash and bang for the buck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyways, I need to figure the S/N Question out. Anyone?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.