Any brahs now how much custom fiberglass installs cost?

it depends on what your doing, and if you do high quality work you can charge whatever you want and get paid it. its called "CUSTOM" for a reason, same reason i can charge any price i want to paint someones car.

it depends on what your doing, and if you do high quality work you can charge whatever you want and get paid it. its called "CUSTOM" for a reason, same reason i can charge any price i want to paint someones car.
Pretty much. I've seen shops charge 600-1000 for fiberglass pods.

So $500 minimum for door pods? That is a decent price. That means i could easily charge $300 for the simplest installs, and more for the difficult ones.

like other people said depends on what you're doing. A lot of shops charge a ton for fiberglas work. I know a local shop wanted 500-600 each for custom doors and about 6 grand to do a major custom box (no back seats etc) little guys can't afford it but i know there are a ton of people wiling to pay for it

So $500 minimum for door pods? That is a decent price. That means i could easily charge $300 for the simplest installs, and more for the difficult ones.
I usually go 200ish per pod for 6.5 pods. Then upwards from there for size. Less than half price of local shops, so good business. But still turning a decent profit. The worst part is sanding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

like other people said depends on what you're doing. A lot of shops charge a ton for fiberglas work. I know a local shop wanted 500-600 each for custom doors and about 6 grand to do a major custom box (no back seats etc) little guys can't afford it but i know there are a ton of people wiling to pay for it
There are always people with money eager to spend it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've seen 17k dropped on 3 JBL Power's, wiring, Focal comps and coax's, Focal amps, High end Kenwood double din, and LABOR. Took a long time. But that's probably close to 12-13k profit. (@ local shop) All fiberglass, contour curves, amp rack with windows.

There are always people with money eager to spend it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I've seen 17k dropped on 3 JBL Power's' date=' wiring, Focal comps and coax's, Focal amps, High end Kenwood double din, and LABOR. Took a long time. But that's probably close to 12-13k profit. (@ local shop) All fiberglass, contour curves, amp rack with windows.[/quote']

Pics?

And bro, if you want a website to show off your great work, just PM me. We can work out a deal. I've built a good amount of Car Audio websites and am finishing up Ultra's new website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Pics?
And bro, if you want a website to show off your great work, just PM me. We can work out a deal. I've built a good amount of Car Audio websites and am finishing up Ultra's new website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Not my work, just an anecdote. It was done at a local shop in Colorado. Came out great asthetically. Sounded pretty good. I would have done it for less, personally. Though I will admit it was ALOT of surface to cover with glass and bondo.

It went in an Armed Force's guys Isuzu SUV. All the Army/Airforce guys were just getting back with some hella fat checks. Good days for CA.

I'll keep you in mind for website. But ATM not too desperate for one. I move every 5-8 months for hockey.

Pricing on fiberglass will depend on how good you are. That's it.

Its one of those jobs where you can get 'ya boy' to build door pods for $250. But, that guy down the street that is 'overpriced' will do them right for $650.

You just have to price it based on time and complexity.

My question is....how much experience do you have w/ FG?

As for pricing as a whole, you will always get customers that want to beat there friend that just dropped $5k on his vehicle...but they only have a $1500 budget. I promise you, pretty much anything you sell that guy, they WILL blow it up. You could CA-glue the gains on the amps, but they will find a way to turn them up lol.

Pricing on fiberglass will depend on how good you are. That's it.Its one of those jobs where you can get 'ya boy' to build door pods for $250. But, that guy down the street that is 'overpriced' will do them right for $650.

As for pricing as a whole, you will always get customers that want to beat there friend that just dropped $5k on his vehicle...but they only have a $1500 budget. I promise you, pretty much anything you sell that guy, they WILL blow it up. You could CA-glue the gains on the amps, but they will find a way to turn them up lol.
Very true.

And also, since its your own "business" you can haggle based on what they want, what they are willing to spend.

I charge people however much i think theyll pay based on my stereotype.
lol, but sadly true.

I see alot of guys that come in wanting 4-15's and 2000w+, but have less than $1000 to work with. I just tell them like it is, if you find 4 15's, '2000w' amp, box, and wiring all new w/ install from a shop...come back in when you get it built, I'll show you a pair of $200 12's on 800w that smoke it.

Pricing on fiberglass will depend on how good you are. That's it.Its one of those jobs where you can get 'ya boy' to build door pods for $250. But, that guy down the street that is 'overpriced' will do them right for $650.

A decent amount. I already have someone that wants us to do his entire door panels with 16 speakers. Figure it will take at least 100 hours for two people to finish that. I don't know how much to charge lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.