Any advice on my system would be appreciated....Single 15 amp/sub combo ?

BossBeimer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bay Area
I need some advice and would appreciate comments on how efficient you think my setup will be as I want a single 15 in the back of 335i bmw. The setup will either consist of a Hifonics brz2100.0 or most likely the 2400.1. And a single DD 9515 or Cadence Daytona (Unless someone knows something more efficent). Please let me know how efficient these sub woofers are as well as these amps also any other recomendations ???

My question is which Amp Sub combo is really effiecent and over 1000w rms I am not looking to modify my alternator or anything like that. I dont think these amps would over power them as they push 1.1700 and 1.1400 rims when wired down to 2 ohms....any other recommendations for amp/sub combo ?

btw whats the difference between these 2 subs from cadense in terms of quality sensitivity and frequency response ?

Amazon.com: Cadence Acoustics DCX15-1500-4 15-Inch 3000 Watt Peak Single Voice Coil 4 Ohm Subwoofer: Electronics

and

Amazon.com: Brand New Cadence Daytona Dcw15-2rvc 15" 3,000 Watt Competition Dual Voice Coil 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer with Massive 350 Oz Double Stacked Magnet + Free Recone Kit: Electronics

too long didnt read. but this is build logs. this is for people with pictures of their set ups and the process they've been. not asking for help picking your ***** out. you're looking for something more along the lines of general discussion. and shorten it up to, nobody likes to read mini books

Pound extremely low and hard, no budget at all I just want the cleanest sounding single 15 sub/amp combo that you reccomend especially the quetsions I asked in the first post...I have the whole back trunk of a 335i coupe i can either have box made or prefab depending on what i purchase looking to buy equipment firt

If you want low and hard, then I suggest either a RE XXX or a TREO SSi. Tune the XXX at about 28, tune the SSi at 30hz. Find about 12-1400rms and there you go

Cleanest sounding and and DD 95/99 series woofers don't really go together that well. :p I would agree to look for an XXX preferably the older models. They have great SQ, but get EXTREMELY loud. ~1500WRMS to it and you'll be happy.

anyone ? Any input on which of these 2 class d amplifiers would be more efficient as I will be running them off of stock electrical

soundstream is always good when being pushed right in a custom box , i have 2 hifonics in a custom not bad but if your going low go with a smd,fi,btl,or soundstream for subs ,amps go with hifonics,soundtream,rockford fosgate,and kenwood just my advice bro

whats your budget for all the equipment. the most important part is the box so set aside a few hundred for a nice one or if you have the ability build your own also don't worry about a subs efficiency

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.