anxieties?

Yeah I removed myself from both of those pills in early December and have been pill free since then. There were days I had taken 14-16mg of xanax and it was bad. I was going through rough times with my wife losing her job and that was my way of dealing with it but I had gotten addicted.
When I stopped both of those pills I seriously thought I was going to die thats why I am afraid to start anything else. I still have to take other pills for migraines and a few other things that cause enough problems so I am just leaving it at that.

I used to take nortiptyline for migraines but now I take topamax which ***** but stops them all together.
How long have you been on topamax, and what dose? I know it sounds hard to believe but that drug will ruin your life. I was on it for a couple years and it changed me, i was always deppressed, lethargic, anxious and my mind was so clouded i could not figure out why. Finally i realized it was probably the topamax and stopped it, i have been doing better but will never be the person i used to be. I was on a ridiculous dose(200mg if i remember correctly). It never really helped my migraines anyways.

please come to the VA hospital with me and tell the others being treated for countless reasons that
Im not trying to start a fight or anything that is just my way of thinking, i not saying you are wrong for how you chose to handle the situation. you will be surprised how much control you can have over your mind and body if you have the right mindset to do so.

Im not trying to start a fight or anything that is just my way of thinking, i not saying you are wrong for how you chose to handle the situation. you will be surprised how much control you can have over your mind and body if you have the right mindset to do so.
i know, no harm

you are right the human mind can do amazing things. seeing as how we dont use even half of it im sure we are capable of a lot more.

for some people though seeing things that nobody should ever see are hard to just put out of your mind. on top of a ton of other things that cant be blocked out

hmm i would just like to say, i have gotten some relief. I found out Unisom a non prescription sleep aid contains doxylamine succinate, which is about the most sedating pharmaceutical you can get without a script and is sometimes used for anxieties. I ate one of those and feel at ease. Also i picked up an herbal sleep aid called Rapid sleep PM which contains passionflower(used for anxieties!), hops, valerian root(also sometimes used for anxieties!), and melatonin and might take a few of them if needed. If anyone is searching for relief you must try these.

When I moved and changed my entire life and my wifes I struggled too. Still do at times. Here is what has helped me. I have tried to do it w/o scripts as I didnt like the way made me fell.

Exercise(I seriously think this is the biggest help) 30min hard run and then lift.

Remove as many stressors as possible.

Talk about it.

Think as positive as possible blocking negative thoughts as best you can.

Stay occupied with other things that take you mind off it.

Hope this helps.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How long have you been on topamax, and what dose? I know it sounds hard to believe but that drug will ruin your life. I was on it for a couple years and it changed me, i was always deppressed, lethargic, anxious and my mind was so clouded i could not figure out why. Finally i realized it was probably the topamax and stopped it, i have been doing better but will never be the person i used to be. I was on a ridiculous dose(200mg if i remember correctly). It never really helped my migraines anyways.
I was up to 150mg a day, it was too much, I am down to 100mg a day and it is fine at that dose. At 150mg I was a retard, I had a hard time doing anything that involved thinking or remembering. With my prescription plan changing I am not sure how much longer I can afford it though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bass-aholic

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
bass-aholic
New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date