another question about ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is that a one channel amp stable to 2 ohms? If so, you have the wrong subs dude. You need two, single voice coil 4 ohm subs or DVC's that are 2 ohm's a piece.

that is what i got, i got single channel 2 ohm stable amp, and two woofers that are dual 4 vc each.

you either do series-parallel or parallel-series to get 2 ohms and 2 ohms is what you use. i mean what i use.

depends on the amp imho, if the amp doubles (exactly doubles) power when load halves in impedance then it will not IMHO drain more power with lower load, however if amp does not fully double output but only increases it a little into a half impedance load - then its poorly suited for that load and it WILL draw more useless power when operated into it.

If the amp is stable at 2ohms I say go with at at 2ohms and rock and roll. Seems like you know what your doing enough already so just run with it.

Did you guys read the original post? How can you make sense of it. The guy isn't sure what impedance the coils are.......................Maybe I should stop drinking.

You can't get a 2 ohm load with dual 4's, but that's beside the point.

The JL is unlike most 1 ch amps. It doesn't put out peak power only at 2 ohms, it peaks anywhere from 2-4 ohms. With dvc 4's you'd want to wire coils paralell, subs in series. You'd get 4 ohms at the amp terminals and optimal output of 500w.

Yeah bean I read the original post. A DVC 4ohm can be wired as 2 or 8 ohm dependent upon series or parallel so he did know what he was talking about when he said either 2 or 8 ohms.

Hey pass some of that booze over here I may need it by the night is over and dealing with this install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.