another q

Participant count
  • Participant list

LuNaTiC
10+ year member

18 to make up for below.
MA
when i have my system going wit just the electrical sh*t on and the engine off, the bass is noticably louder when the engine is off rather than on. does that mean theres not enough power being supplied to my amp wit the engine on?? im assuming i might need to upgrade my electrical system, but im not sure..u think so?

the sad part is im running only bout' 400 rms.

It is probably because the engine is off. My car gets a little loud when engine is on so it seems like it's quieter. With my car off the music sounds a little cleaner since it is not battling engine noise. Some people put sound dampening under the hood to lower it down a bit.

Also, I bet you if you had like a 1000w amp or something, you would notice it be a lot better with the engine on though. 400w is small amount of juice so you could run it off the battery only for longer. Bigger amps need the contant current so the bass will seem fuller with the car on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.