Another PimP Worklog...MaximaSPL, 2.2 cubes @ 30 HZ for an L5 (Birch)

im still waiting on someone to do a stain writeup...
Staining isn't difficult to get a nice even finish. It's the polyurethaning that takes the work and experience. The first time I had ever stained anything turned out very nice. When I went to apply the polyurethane, it kind of ghettoed out and I'm sure you have seen the pictures of the fuzzy woodgrain that soaked it all up.

Staining is really just applying it until it looks even and making sure to wipe away excess stain as soon as you can or waiting a day or two for it to cure enough to start laying down the first coat of polyurethane or whatever method you're planing on using for a clear coat.

PU is a mother to apply correctly. I just use spray clear lacquer. 6-8 coats, throw on some carnauba, and you're done.

PU is a mother to apply correctly. I just use spray clear lacquer. 6-8 coats, throw on some carnauba, and you're done.
Polyurethene isnt really all that hard to apply. I just got done building a computer desk for my new house. Its a huge oak corner desk that I stained. Just have to apply the poly in very thin coats and lightly sand between coats.

For staining, just wipe it on with a rag, let sit for a few minutes and wipe it all back off. Should be dry to the touch as soon as you are done wiping it back down. If I sell a box someone wants stained, Ill do a write up on it, But I dont have to stain anything so its kind of pointless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.