Another PimP Worklog...MaximaSPL, 2.2 cubes @ 30 HZ for an L5 (Birch)

Looks nice but two things...Why so much dammn glue? A little bit of titebond/probond goes a long way...and two get a nice counter sink bit if your going to work with birch. Finished product turns out much nicer.
Countersink i'll keep in mind.....but as far as the amount of glue....

I keep a wet towel handl, then scratch over it with some 80G and the glue is gone.

I like knowing that there is a full bond, between the 2 pieces of wood that i an screwing together.

It's lighter and stronger than MDF when compaired to the same size. The good cabinet grade birch is cross hatched which makes it stronger. I'm not sure if that is the cabinet grade birch though. On cabinet grade birch, the top layer of birch is usually at least 1/16-3/64in thick. On the cheaper version (usually at Home Depot or Lowes) it has a top layer that is around 1/32 thick. If you put the two side by side, you can tell the difference.
Very nice box build as usual.
anything cut down to a size like that and is 3/4 inch thick...is going to be strong. its not much more dense than MDF....if at all really. People want it because its different.

anything cut down to a size like that and is 3/4 inch thick...is going to be strong. its not much more dense than MDF....if at all really. People want it because its different.
And it doesnt flex as much.............its alot stiffer.

And it doesnt flex as much.............its alot stiffer.
lol, anything that at most is 18x30 isnt going to flex a **** ton.....and noone has tested it back to back same enclosure, same sub, same power, so we really dont know what flexes more and what doesnt. .....people want it for the novelty effect, not for the "performance" gain.

It's lighter and stronger than MDF when compaired to the same size. The good cabinet grade birch is cross hatched which makes it stronger. I'm not sure if that is the cabinet grade birch though. On cabinet grade birch, the top layer of birch is usually at least 1/16-3/64in thick. On the cheaper version (usually at Home Depot or Lowes) it has a top layer that is around 1/32 thick. If you put the two side by side, you can tell the difference.
Very nice box build as usual.
No it isn't. MDF is still better for speaker enclosures, especailly sub enclosures. But believe me, pimp already knows that, he just likes the workability //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No it isn't. MDF is still better for speaker enclosures, especailly sub enclosures. But believe me, pimp already knows that, he just likes the workability //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
hows them plans coming along?

i could have sworn someone said this before you in this very thread.....just in diffrent words.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.