single cab s10 ported box

Participant count
  • Participant list

xluben
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
anyone have ideas on how to configure a ported box in a regular cab s10?

this will be for a single 12" kicker cvr, so i'm shooting for 2ft^3 @ 32hz w/25in^2 of port.

if anyone has pics of setups they've done, or measurements of what will fit that would be great in trying to design this box.

right now i'm thinking of keeping it simple with a wedge going almost all the way across the back that will fit behind the center console.

any idea on how much airspace that would end up being?

and where should i fire the port? right now i'm thinking that out the side would be bets.

Hey man if I were you id check S10forum.com theyg ot an audio section an people are allways showing thier reg cab setups.
yeah, my buddy is on there all time, and has showed me some boxes that he liked, but i don't think they know all that much about designing enclosures.

one i saw had a 2" x 4" (approx) square port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

might be able to get that with 2 4" areo's.
wasn't that just done with someones BTL, and it didn't work out that well.

i was also thinking that, but the outer diameter on the 4" aero is over 7", which would require the seat to be slid up to fit two of them vertically aligned (i think).

been there tried that. and still preferred sealed enclosures
i did run some numbers and it seem that getting 2ft^3 ported is nearly impossible, but i'll have to keep thinking.

does he have buckets or bench. If buckets just put sub inbetween.
buckets, any info/pics about taking the center console out?

i'll have to run that idea past him. sure would make the design easier.

and btw i could make 4'' aeros with a small flare for ya
pics/prices

pm me with info.

what im doin with my S-10 is im probably going to build up the front of the enclosure in the front of the cab with wood, glass over it, have external port shooting towards the rear, and then making a console to flow into the box

but i only need 1.25 cu ft 2.5" ports x 16" long

anyone have ideas on how to configure a ported box in a regular cab s10?
Box Design - Chevy Std Cab

Hey man if I were you id check S10forum.com theyg ot an audio section an people are allways showing thier reg cab setups.
Yeah I heard there's this n00b there who has 1,600 posts who drives a Ford Ranger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

well, he gave me some measurements and this is what i came up with:

(side view):

and 48" wide.

that shows the passenger side of the box with the 3" x 7" port opening, which will be 18" long.

that comes out to about 1.85ft^3 @ 35Hz w/21in^2 of port area.

not ideal, but the best i could come up with for the measurements he gave me.

here's the winisd plot of the transfer function vs. a 1ft^3 sealed box:

as you can see, a pretty good gain in max amplitude and a considerably (>10dB) lower peak and f3.

i was a little worried about the small(ish) port, but winisd only shows it being a possible issue with a full 400W between the frequencies of 23 - 36Hz.

on music i don't think that should be too much of a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.