Another PimP Worklog...MaximaSPL, 2.2 cubes @ 30 HZ for an L5 (Birch)

What does "semantics" have to do w/ you saying a true statement is wrong? Not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill but it would be like me saying your statement about it having less constant resonance is untrue. I'm sure it does but do cabinet makers care about resonance? Just don't say someone is wrong when they are right.
A good example of semantics would be: PV Audio seemed very gay today. Do I mean you seemed very happy or actually homosexual?

Unless you mean we basically agree, then I take back the gay comment.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Okay smartass, I didn't realize that I needed to spell it out to you. MDF and birch are two building materials. MDF is used in speaker construction because it is STRONGER FOR SPEAKER CONSTRUCTION. Is that so hard to understand? Plywood's characteristics make it an inferior wood to fiberboard for audio enclosures, THUS making MDF the stronger material for speakers. Now considering this isn't a cabinetry forum, I would have thought that you could have put that together. Guess not.

PV Audio;

Again, I'm not arguing that fact w/ you. Read my very first statment that you quoted, I never said it was better for audio cabinets. I only named two reasons why someone might use it for making sub boxes.

You said my statment was wrong and it was not. Now your trying to back step by using big words (did you not think anyone else went to college or is reasonably intelligent and would know what the true meaning of that word meant?) and basically saying that I said it was better for audio cabinets and I never said that.

It's not hard for me to understand that MDF is a better material for sub boxes. It must be hard for you to understand that you were wrong by saying I was wrong and I do not take back my gay comment now.

I'll just keep it to PM's after this so not to mess up Pimps work log, sorry Pimp.

PV Audio;
Again, I'm not arguing that fact w/ you. Read my very first statment that you quoted, I never said it was better for audio cabinets. I only named two reasons why someone might use it for making sub boxes.

You said my statment was wrong and it was not. Now your trying to back step by using big words (did you not think anyone else went to college or is reasonably intelligent and would know what the true meaning of that word meant?) and basically saying that I said it was better for audio cabinets and I never said that.

It's not hard for me to understand that MDF is a better material for sub boxes. It must be hard for you to understand that you were wrong by saying I was wrong and I do not take back my gay comment now.
What do you want me to say? You're right? Okay then. QtrHorse, you're right. Happy?

Good lord it wasn't anywhere near a big deal. Oh and I'm very offended that you called my gay over the internet. Very offended indeed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Last off topic post in this thread for me, I promise.

What do you want me to say? You're right? Okay then. QtrHorse, you're right. Happy?
Yes, thank you and I do take back the gay comment. Please accept my most humble apologies.

I never said one was better for car audio because I have no idea. I'm not a sub box builder/ tuner/ competitor. You stated that I was wrong by saying it was stronger and my statement was true.
the reason they say birch is better, is not because its stronger, its because the edges dont fray/split as easy as MDF.

yah, well i dont have money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif all mine is for florida and building my trucks motor when i come back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.