Another Installer- North Jersey

Setting something up to install a nice system in a BMW. Also, maybe gonna install a few things on a Lexus. Ill take pics of both and post them here if anyone "doubts" my work.

What do you mean by bad bass? They still sounded good to me. They dont exactly need to sealed, but I get your point......
Didnt paint the tweeter pods because the guy said he wasnt concerned about "show quality". If he bought the paint to match....then I would do it. If given the right materials and requests by customers, ill do it.
Umm yes they do. One must always seal the front of a woofer from the rear as the rear wave is 180 degrees out of phase with the front. By not sealing it off you run the risk of that rear wave canceling out parts of the front wave. This is not to be confused with sealing them in an enclosure however as this is an infinite baffle situation. This is why you see everyone who is running an infinite baffle setup in their vehicle going through the trouble to seal all of the holes around the baffle to which their sub(s) are mounted.

Umm yes they do. One must always seal the front of a woofer from the rear as the rear wave is 180 degrees out of phase with the front. By not sealing it off you run the risk of that rear wave canceling out parts of the front wave. This is not to be confused with sealing them in an enclosure however as this is an infinite baffle situation. This is why you see everyone who is running an infinite baffle setup in their vehicle going through the trouble to seal all of the holes around the baffle to which their sub(s) are mounted.
This is true. Got results of how much cancellation would be had from a 1/4" gap that isnt all the way around the speaker?

Anyways, I would have installed the mid correctly if I had the right materials on hand. But I had to do the best that I could because it didnt fit exactly the way that I wanted them too.

And I honestly dont need anyone coming in here and giving in their 2 cents (not you) on my installs. I could do the same thing and go in their thread and pick apart their installs, especially when they left a gap around a speaker too and other things. But I wont stoop to that level.

Ok I installed an alarm/remote starter on a Monte Carlo. Also, installed one on a Cadillac Deville. The Deville was actually easier to do than the Monte Carlo. (no pics sorry....I care more about getting the job done in a reasonable time) Im trying to set up an install on a Honda Pilot for a Pioneer Nav. unit, back up camera, and an overhead monitor. Ill definately take pics if I do it.

Ill see if I can get someone to leave me some reviews on here too.

Pics of the Pilot. Only took pics of some things. Really wanted to get the car done ASAP and not fool around with taking pics of my wiring.

Before

IMG_0501.JPG

After w/ Pioneer Navi

IMG_0505.JPG

Before

IMG_0502.JPG

After w/Pioneer back up camera

IMG_0503.JPG

Audiovox overhead DVD/TV

IMG_0504.JPG

Got a few alarms and remote starters to do. Winter is coming....good time to get a remote starter. Let me know...

Thanks. I can build sealed and ported boxes if given the all the dimensions. As far as tuning a ported box....I have no experience in that. Its something I need to learn. Im better at building sealed boxes. They are pretty straight forward.

Hi, I was wondering if you would be willing to install on Dynavin Nav unit on an e46 model. I also need to install a backup camera. Have you done these kind of installs before? What would be your charges?

All connections were soldered and taped. I dont have pics of it tho. I just wanted to get the main pics. I told the guy it would look cleaner to mount the antenna inside the car instead of on the roof. Plus, it saved some time.
Taped? You should be using marine grade heat shrink that will last a lot longer than tape. Just some advice.

Taped? You should be using marine grade heat shrink that will last a lot longer than tape. Just some advice.
First off, can you even use heat shrink on a connection that you "tapped'? If so, explain. If installing an alarm and/or remote starter or anything else that you just tap into wires, id like to know how do you heat shrink it without actually cutting the wire in half to slip on the heat shrink.

I use a very good electrical tape that is good in the heat and cold. Take a look at some vehicles. Some use regular electrical tape or on German vehicles they like to use that tape that is kinda like hockey stick tape. My method works well and I do use heat shrink in some cases. It depends on what I install. We all install differently and use different methods. I dont need advice, trust me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...