Another Installer- North Jersey

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Thanks. I can build sealed and ported boxes if given the all the dimensions. As far as tuning a ported box....I have no experience in that. Its something I need to learn. Im better at building sealed boxes. They are pretty straight forward.

umesh.navani

Oct 28, 2011
Secaucus, NJ
Hi, I was wondering if you would be willing to install on Dynavin Nav unit on an e46 model. I also need to install a backup camera. Have you done these kind of installs before? What would be your charges?

bigaudiofanatic

Dynamic Mobile Audio
10+ year member
Nov 18, 2008
Bridgeton NJ
All connections were soldered and taped. I dont have pics of it tho. I just wanted to get the main pics. I told the guy it would look cleaner to mount the antenna inside the car instead of on the roof. Plus, it saved some time.
Taped? You should be using marine grade heat shrink that will last a lot longer than tape. Just some advice.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Taped? You should be using marine grade heat shrink that will last a lot longer than tape. Just some advice.
First off, can you even use heat shrink on a connection that you "tapped'? If so, explain. If installing an alarm and/or remote starter or anything else that you just tap into wires, id like to know how do you heat shrink it without actually cutting the wire in half to slip on the heat shrink.

I use a very good electrical tape that is good in the heat and cold. Take a look at some vehicles. Some use regular electrical tape or on German vehicles they like to use that tape that is kinda like hockey stick tape. My method works well and I do use heat shrink in some cases. It depends on what I install. We all install differently and use different methods. I dont need advice, trust me.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Hi, I was wondering if you would be willing to install on Dynavin Nav unit on an e46 model. I also need to install a backup camera. Have you done these kind of installs before? What would be your charges?
PM sent.

mp1111

Nov 14, 2011
Northern NJ
Can someone recommend an audio shop to install a Mercedes comand replacement unit in North Jersey? I would also want to install a back up camera. Thanks.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Its very cold out there right now! Let me know if you want a remote starter installed. Im very experienced at installing them and aftermarket alarms also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds