Another Installer- North Jersey

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Installed a set of components, 6x9's, 2 amps and a sub in a Camry. Forgot to take a pic of the trunk setup. It was just a basic install....no custom work.

Polk mids

Nice spot to mount the tweeters

Nice spot to mount and hide the crossovers

Alpine 6x9's

banks8604

Jun 2, 2010
E O N J
i never saw you take pics lol. Too bad the car was totaled about 6 hrs after u left. the 4 channel amp was destroyed. both doors were destroyed. so far the only thing I could remove from the towing yard was the sub and the rockford amp. I cant even check to see if it still works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. Could you hook it up to ur car and see if they work.

He's a great installer too btw!

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
i never saw you take pics lol. Too bad the car was totaled about 6 hrs after u left. the 4 channel amp was destroyed. both doors were destroyed. so far the only thing I could remove from the towing yard was the sub and the rockford amp. I cant even check to see if it still works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. Could you hook it up to ur car and see if they work.
He's a great installer too btw!
Are you serious???? ****...thats crazy. Sorry to hear.

Yeah I took quick pics. lol I wanted to get the work done....not worried about pics that much. Yeah I could check it out to see if it works if you want....

banks8604

Jun 2, 2010
E O N J
Are you serious???? ****...thats crazy. Sorry to hear.
Yeah I took quick pics. lol I wanted to get the work done....not worried about pics that much. Yeah I could check it out to see if it works if you want....
i just found ur number so ill call u to set up a time to come to ur house.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Nothing special, but I installed a pair of Planet Audio 4x6's in my Cavalier (daily driver/beater). The one stock speaker was blown and I couldnt take it anymore. Might upgrade the 6x9's in the rear, but I really dont wanna dump much money into this car.

I have a couple more installs coming up tho.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Installed a 2-way remote starter in a Honda Pilot today. I can work on Hondas blindfolded. lol Guy was happy....wish he could leave a review on here. He said he probably wants his Cherokee and Caddy worked on too.

bigaudiofanatic

Dynamic Mobile Audio
10+ year member
Nov 18, 2008
Bridgeton NJ
Should of filled that gap between the woofer and the door so you do not get any bad bass thru there and I would of painted the tweeter pods at least. Other than that looks good. It is the small things that count just some advice.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Should of filled that gap between the woofer and the door so you do not get any bad bass thru there and I would of painted the tweeter pods at least. Other than that looks good. It is the small things that count just some advice.
What do you mean by bad bass? They still sounded good to me. They dont exactly need to sealed, but I get your point......

Didnt paint the tweeter pods because the guy said he wasnt concerned about "show quality". If he bought the paint to match....then I would do it. If given the right materials and requests by customers, ill do it.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Setting something up to install a nice system in a BMW. Also, maybe gonna install a few things on a Lexus. Ill take pics of both and post them here if anyone "doubts" my work.

Worlddre

Big Darkie
10+ year member
Sep 7, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What do you mean by bad bass? They still sounded good to me. They dont exactly need to sealed, but I get your point......
Didnt paint the tweeter pods because the guy said he wasnt concerned about "show quality". If he bought the paint to match....then I would do it. If given the right materials and requests by customers, ill do it.
Umm yes they do. One must always seal the front of a woofer from the rear as the rear wave is 180 degrees out of phase with the front. By not sealing it off you run the risk of that rear wave canceling out parts of the front wave. This is not to be confused with sealing them in an enclosure however as this is an infinite baffle situation. This is why you see everyone who is running an infinite baffle setup in their vehicle going through the trouble to seal all of the holes around the baffle to which their sub(s) are mounted.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Umm yes they do. One must always seal the front of a woofer from the rear as the rear wave is 180 degrees out of phase with the front. By not sealing it off you run the risk of that rear wave canceling out parts of the front wave. This is not to be confused with sealing them in an enclosure however as this is an infinite baffle situation. This is why you see everyone who is running an infinite baffle setup in their vehicle going through the trouble to seal all of the holes around the baffle to which their sub(s) are mounted.
This is true. Got results of how much cancellation would be had from a 1/4" gap that isnt all the way around the speaker?

Anyways, I would have installed the mid correctly if I had the right materials on hand. But I had to do the best that I could because it didnt fit exactly the way that I wanted them too.

And I honestly dont need anyone coming in here and giving in their 2 cents (not you) on my installs. I could do the same thing and go in their thread and pick apart their installs, especially when they left a gap around a speaker too and other things. But I wont stoop to that level.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Ok I installed an alarm/remote starter on a Monte Carlo. Also, installed one on a Cadillac Deville. The Deville was actually easier to do than the Monte Carlo. (no pics sorry....I care more about getting the job done in a reasonable time) Im trying to set up an install on a Honda Pilot for a Pioneer Nav. unit, back up camera, and an overhead monitor. Ill definately take pics if I do it.

Ill see if I can get someone to leave me some reviews on here too.

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Pics of the Pilot. Only took pics of some things. Really wanted to get the car done ASAP and not fool around with taking pics of my wiring.

Before

After w/ Pioneer Navi

Before

After w/Pioneer back up camera

Audiovox overhead DVD/TV

OP
DMP

DMP

Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Got a few alarms and remote starters to do. Winter is coming....good time to get a remote starter. Let me know...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds