Another amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

n_derr

I'm buying a pair of Infinity Reference 9603i and a pair of Infinity Reference 3002cf for my car and I was wondering if I'd notice any real difference in sound quality if I installed another amp for these. The HU I have is a JVC KD-LH3100, and it gives 19watts RMS/channel (50watts peak).

If you think an amp would improve sq, what amps would you recomend? Limited budget, though.

Thanks in advance

Yes your system will sound better with an external amp. Those speakers need atleast 60rms watts each. What is your budget on the amp. I would suggest a 4 channel amp. US Acoustics are pretty cheap you could get them at sounddomain.com or crutchfield.com

I'm looking at amps in the sub-$200 range. From what I've seen at sounddomain.com, I can get some pretty decent amps for the wattage I'm looking for. I just wasn't sure if there'd be a sound quality difference.

I was also thinking of buying new speaker wire. Since I'm going to be gutting the car to put in subs and an amp, I figured I'd replace the wires, too. What would be a good gauge to run to these speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.