Android as usb drive

Participant count
  • Participant list

bcdudley
10+ year member

I have an Alpine head unit that I plug my Android phone into via usb cable and use it as a jump drive to play mp3's. I have been using it this way for about a year. I had been putting all of the files in a folder with a path of /media/audio/album/....

Yesterday, I found a new app that handles my media much better. I deleted everything from the previous folder and re-downloaded it all to the new folder /subsonic/music/album/....

Now, when I plug my phone in, all my Alpine can see is the ringtones and other junk folders.

Looking at the mp3's, the bitrates are mostly 190k to 256k.

Any ideas what is causing this? Will it only read a certain number of folders, then give up?

Thanks in advance.

I was thinking it may be something on the phone as well, but I am not sure what. When I plug my phone into the computer. It works just fine and I can see all the files. Just to see what happens, I moved the mp3's to the media folder and they were able to play fine. When I move them back to the subsonic folder, they are not seen again. Is the HU smart enough to only look in the media folder. I know for certain that it pulls all my ringtones from a different folder.

I have an Evo. The problem with putting the music into the media folder is that the app I am using will only read and write it from the subsonic folder. I have gone through the settings on the app and there are no options for moving it. I will ask the developer if he can include that in a future release maybe.

The app is called Subsonic. It works with a server I have at home called Subsonic as well. It is a jukebox for local and streaming over the internet. Very neat program. I am putting in a feature request to allow to specify the location of downloads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.