Amps?

I don't think the ratings on that taramps amp are accurate. If they are accurate than that amp would blow your speaker 100%. I personally would go with the Kicker, it seems to have perfect rating for your speaker.

Ok thank you but a 1200 would blow that 12 sub?

I was going by the max RMS rating on the sub (600w RMS @ 4) and the Taramps seems to be dishing 1200w RMS @4. Taramps probably is saying they give 1200w Max Output @ 4, but not having any RMS rating on the site or to go by, you're taking a chance getting that amp. Little to no effort was put into labeling their specifications and I personally don't know that brand. Just letting you know what I would do.

I was going by the max RMS rating on the sub (600w RMS @ 4) and the Taramps seems to be dishing 1200w RMS @4. Taramps probably is saying they give 1200w Max Output @ 4, but not having any RMS rating on the site or to go by, you're taking a chance getting that amp. Little to no effort was put into labeling their specifications and I personally don't know that brand. Just letting you know what I would do.
Ok thanks I don't either so that's why I was trying to get someone's opinion lol. Thanks very much

The Taramps MD1200 does well over rated power. Around 1600 watts rms certified IIRC. That Kicker amp is only 2ohm stable. You have a D2 ohm subwoofer which would wire down to 1 ohm. So the Kicker amp would not work for you.

I just bought my 12th Taramps amp. Never had a problem out of them over the many years I have ran them.

Its as simple as turning down the gain to get less power. Headroom in an amp is always a huge positive.

The Taramps MD1200 does well over rated power. Around 1600 watts rms certified IIRC. That Kicker amp is only 2ohm stable. You have a D2 ohm subwoofer which would wire down to 1 ohm. So the Kicker amp would not work for you.

I just bought my 12th Taramps amp. Never had a problem out of them over the many years I have ran them.

Its as simple as turning down the gain to get less power. Headroom in an amp is always a huge positive.
The kicker CXA amps are 1 ohm stable, though I don't see a 600.1. Just a 400.1, an 800.1 and a 660.5

The kicker CXA amps are 1 ohm stable, though I don't see a 600.1. Just a 400.1, an 800.1 and a 660.5

This is what I see.

kicker 2.jpg

one way to tell how powerful the amp is by the fuse rating recommended by the amp manufacturer. That will give you a better impression of the amps power regardless of what is printed on the chassis. Whatever the rating is divide by 12v. I have noticed these days, most amps are measured with 14.4v to get a higher reading. Measurements like s/n ratio and damping factor, the newbies don't understand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...