Amps that can handle the 8v preouts from my Eclipse head unit

With a 4 or 5v gain set at 4-5v and getting a signal rated for 8v --

It's going to work great at all but extremely high volume. You'll start to get a little clipping when the HU voltage starts to over-drive the amp inputs. Just use a little common sense when you're playing it loud. If you stay in the 75% range on the hu volume there won't be any problems.

Even if you crank it I'd be surprised if there'd be any issues outside of 0db test tones.

Do eclipse headunit's include a sub level or sub control?
If it did then turning that down would decrease rca voltage.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
I am a little confused about your statement. Doesn't the sub lever or sub control only control the sub channel? It wouldn't have anything to do with the other (mid and high) channels, correct? I don't see how that has any effect of the preamp voltage coming out of the head unit to the amplifier. But, I am not very knowledgeable about this stuff.

The manual is of no help. It says nothing of sub level or sub control other than how you can change the volume lever of the sub channel. But, I don't see how that changes the preamp voltage to the amp.

I am a little confused about your statement. Doesn't the sub lever or sub control only control the sub channel? It wouldn't have anything to do with the other (mid and high) channels, correct? I don't see how that has any effect of the preamp voltage coming out of the head unit to the amplifier. But, I am not very knowledgeable about this stuff.
The manual is of no help. It says nothing of sub level or sub control other than how you can change the volume lever of the sub channel. But, I don't see how that changes the preamp voltage to the amp.
It was more of a question then advice.

But yes it would lower rca voltage for only the sub channel.

For mids and highs you would have to limit the volume level you set.

Rca voltage rises as volume goes up.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.