Amps Shut Down At Idle!!!alternator???

COMP-X
10+ year member

GREECE
my cars amps shut down when im at idle,or when i have the bass kickin for a while or when i turn the ac on!! so i went and bought a POWER KICKIN STINGER BATTERY!!! but the same problem went on!! is it my alternator?? if not what coul it be??

my cars amps shut down when im at idle,or when i have the bass kickin for a while or when i turn the ac on!! so i went and bought a POWER KICKIN STINGER BATTERY!!! but the same problem went on!! is it my alternator?? if not what coul it be??

if the alternator does not have enough juice to run your system, then a battery won't do any good. firs start off by doing a big 3. go back to the wiring forum, and there will be a little thing up in the right corner above the threads that will say search with a down arrow. click on that arrow. a drop box will appear. type in big 3. hit enter or search. a whole list of threads will appear right before your eyes that will have tantilizing info on the big 3.

I have a mitsubishi colt/mirage 1992.

i had no problems until about 2 weeks ago.

i have 3 amps(one for sub,rear fill,front speakers)

when im at idle or step on the break with the music at 70% of its total peak,the amps cut off.

also the rpms go crazy up and down without me pressing the gas.they go from 1 to 2 sometimes 3. not every day but once or twice a week

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.