Amps running hot, for no apparent reason.

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
So, I was working on my truck, speakers playing at a very low volume, but the amps get hot even at the very low volume. What could be causing this, it makes no sense to me. It is about 95 out here today, but they never get warm and it seems like just powering them on makes them hot.

Nope, it's all 3 of them. I know what I'm doing fellas. They stay the same temp whether full throttle or low volume.

2 9.1's, 1 ohm each, not strapped.

9.2x, 6.5 component set, ~4 ohms.

Shouldn't be getting very warm. The 9.2x gets hot hot.

i bet it's that 4/0 big 3 pushin all them jiggawatts back there fuckin yo shit up

nothing is accessible how it is? holy bad plan buckman

i bet it's that 4/0 big 3 pushin all them jiggawatts back there fuckin yo shit up
nothing is accessible how it is? holy bad plan buckman
It is somewhat, just I don't feel like messing with it. Everything is set up correctly, I know that for a fact. With the car off, the amps see 12.7v.

Buck my 9.2 got hot as an oven. I mean it would actually burn your hand if you touched it after a few mins of playing. It had ample airspace so that was not the issue. But no matter how hot it got it never went into protect so I guess the heat sink was doing its job. But I mean it got hot hot like toss some aluminum foil and cook some burgers hot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.