Amps and Remote Turn on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Masikr

Bay Area
The manual for my amps I plan on installing (PDR-M65+PDR-F50) into my Kenwood ddx372bt, say I do not need a remote turn on cable if I'm connecting them with RCA's, even though there is a remote terminal on the amps... Are the remote terminals just there if you're planning on connecting to an loc then or what?

After reading this manual, I would use a remote turn on lead. Seems like the auto detect feature has sensitivity issues.

If you are using OEM factory deck, you may need to install a remote turn on lead via accessory switch or some relay circuit

When connecting the speaker output leads of

the head unit to this unit with an RCA

extension cable (sold separately), etc., you do

not need to connect the remote turn-on lead,

owing to the “REMOTE SENSING” function of

this unit. However, the “REMOTE SENSING”

function may not work depending on the

signal source connected. In such a case,

connect the remote turn-on lead to an

incoming power supply cord (accessory

power) in the ACC position

The HU I'm putting in is not a factory deck though. That's another thing I'm getting mixed up on whether the "sensitivity issues" will happen on that deck (Kenwood ddx372bt).

The HU I'm putting in is not a factory deck though. That's another thing I'm getting mixed up on whether the "sensitivity issues" will happen on that deck (Kenwood ddx372bt).
If you are using an after market deck, then go ahead and run the remote line from the deck and use it. Why risk the trouble of having to go back and install it?

The sensitivity issues would only be in the case that you are using the RCAs only as a trigger source for activating the amp. Just run the remote wire.

Makes sense. I was worried after reading the manual about what to do with the remote wire connection from the HU if I'm not connecting it to the amps anyways lol.

Makes sense. I was worried after reading the manual about what to do with the remote wire connection from the HU if I'm not connecting it to the amps anyways lol.
You should be fine running two amps off the remote. Happy to help. post pictures in a build log

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.