Amplifiers for Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

reible82nd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale: I have three amplifiers that have been sitting in my garage for years now needing to be repaired, at this point I have no interest in having them fixed.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

1. Massive Audio Db8000: I had no issues with this amplifier until I hooked a sub up to it with a shifted motor (unknown to me at the time). I dropped the sub carrying it to my car but didn't think anything of it as I was under the influence of many, many beers. Then I cranked the volume after turning it on and not hearing any bass, after that the amp would power up but didn't make a sound. Needless to say I haven't touched any audio equipment under the influence since...

Cosmetically - 9/10

Ratings:

RMS Power @ 4 ohms: 950 watts x 1

RMS Power @ 2 ohms: 1500 watts x 1

RMS Power @ 1 ohm: 2000 watts x 1

RMS Power @ .5 ohms: 4000 watts x 1

THD at Rated RMS Power: .15%

Low-Pass Crossover Frequency: 40 - 220 Hz

Subsonic Filter: 10 - 50 Hz

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 70 dB

Bass Boost: 0 - 12 dB

Fuse Rating: 300A x 1

CEA-2006 Compliant: Yes

2. Power Acoustik A3000Db: About a day after hooking this amplifier up, I was driving home from work listening to music and the bass just faded out and never came back. It powers up fine but doesn't make any noise either.

Cosmetically - 8/10

Ratings:

RMS Power @ 4 ohms: 1100 watts x 1

RMS Power @ 2 ohms: 1800 watts x 1

RMS Power @ 1 ohm: 2300 watts x 1

THD at Rated RMS Power: 0.50%

Low-Pass Crossover Frequency: 50 - 150 Hz

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB

Bass Boost: 0 - 18 dB

CEA-2006 Compliant: No

3. Eclipse 33240 Premium: I purchased this amplifier from a caraudio.com member many years ago. The seller said it performed flawlessly, but after hooking it up it would randomly make the speakers "pop" and then go silent for 10-20 seconds...then the sound would come back. Eventually it just quit working.

Cosmetically - 8/10

Ratings:

RMS Power @ 4 ohms: 130W x 2

RMS Power @ 2 ohms: 200W x 2

RMS Power @ 4 ohms Bridged: 400 x 1

THD at Rated RMS Power: 0.1%

Low-Pass Crossover Frequency: 50 - 200Hz

High-Pass Crossover Frequency: 50 - 200Hz

Subsonic Filter: 0 - 50Hz

Price:

1. Massive Audio Db8000: SOLD!!

2. Power Acoustik A3000Db: $75

3. Eclipse 33240 Premium: $35

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: Included

Item Pictures: (List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

View attachment 26552688View attachment 26552689View attachment 26552690View attachment 26552691View attachment 26552692View attachment 26552693View attachment 26552694

Last edited by a moderator:
35 shipped on eclipse?
Yep, and based on your location (Virginia Beach) I should make a whopping $10 or so on the sale. No worries though, I briefly thought about throwing it in the trash...but sending it to a good home to be repaired is a MUCH better idea!

Yep, and based on your location (Virginia Beach) I should make a whopping $10 or so on the sale. No worries though, I briefly thought about throwing it in the trash...but sending it to a good home to be repaired is a MUCH better idea!
Mannnn dont go throwing eclipse stuff away lol. Pic of the board?

argh, i love those old power acoustiks, great amps!
I have always had a soft spot for those A3000db amps. For what they are and cost they perform well. Pretty easy repair most likely if you know what to look for. My buddy Nate (reible82nd) is a great guy too. Don't hesitate to buy from him.

I have always had a soft spot for those A3000db amps. For what they are and cost they perform well. Pretty easy repair most likely if you know what to look for. My buddy Nate (reible82nd) is a great guy too. Don't hesitate to buy from him.
If i had the cash i would in a heartbeat

Thanks for the kind words Spooney! I remember calling you when the A3000Db failed on me and you mentioned a particular component on the board of these things that's notorious for failing. Not an expensive part by any means as I recall you telling me, but requires someone with technical expertise to replace. I just want these amps to go to a good home, they're worth repairing as far as I'm concerned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...