Kicker 500ss Amplifier ~ Old School Beast

paradiselost

Tampa
Item(s) for Sale:

Kicker 500ss Car Audio Amplifier

Item(s) Description/Condition:

425 watts rms x 2 4ohm

850 watts rms x 1 4ohm

Please let me know if I'm missing any info that is needed to make an informed purchase. Great light used condition. there is a scratch in the '500ss' location of the wire cover. Believe from the truck lid bracket. I got this on a kicker employee purchase program in 1996 as I worked for an authorized dealer. It was in my car for a couple weeks about 20 years ago. Got a DUI and never really had time or money to devote to a system since. Basically I took the car out of 'car audio'. I tried to sell this amp here previously but didn't have a camera and now can't get back into the account. Just want to state I have tried this previously. It was bench tested at the same shop I worked at. I worked there 20 years ago so most people there don't know me however I can probably arrange a phone call with the owner to verify I did buy it back then and tested when I previously tried to sell it here in more recent times. Pictures show I have and will be including the Kicker testing certificate, 1996 Kicker brochure for amp and misc, JL Audio, Xtant, MBquart [[/b]

Price:

EDIT/ LOWERED PRICE: $275 and I will pay shipping within the USA. International please contact me and I will get a quote from post office.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

please see above

Item Pictures:

IMG_20150616_042730_zps1mlgss7m.jpg

IMG_20150616_043231_zpsgemfj5bb.jpg

IMG_20150616_043033_zps02lgrlpi.jpg

IMG_20150616_042943_zpsuznbvfwh.jpg

IMG_20150616_042752_zpstthsnjtb.jpg

IMG_20150616_042730_zps1mlgss7m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there is one on ebay right now for $250. If this auction is viewed, it should help show how great shape mine is in. Besides all the obvious where in tear in the pics, the connections area seems abused compared to mine.

EDIT: It does have 1 of the plastic feet broken.

LOWERED PRICE: $275 and I will pay shipping within the USA. International please contact me and I will get a quote from post office.

Thank you everyone for your time and interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came across this old thread regarding this amp.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/479388-old-kicker-500ss-amp.html

At this point I've read people say 2ohms however officially I only see 4ohm in any literature on it. It's been so long since I really worked with this thing I forget. Maybe someone that's been in the scene all this time can tell. I will get a close up pic of the test sheet. This says it was tested at 4 ohms 850watts rms and had an output of 1095watts however I assumed that was peak though in line with the info above which sounds right.

I can take addition pics if needed. Also, I should have this manual around here somewhere. I am a recovering hoarder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so it's in a box and will do my best to find it.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/287425/Kicker-500ss.html

Those amps were very strong. Kicker amps have never liked running below rated impedance. GLWS. Nice nostalgia looking at that piece. I ran similar era Kicker amps back in the late 90s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.