Amplifier turns off when volume is turned up

Can I test a bad ground? As I stated before, others have used the same ground and it worked fine
All cars can be different. Long time ago that's where I would ground but a couple cars I have had ended up to be be a really bad ground. Even almost making the amp seemed like it was f**ked and had to redo it and everything was fine. But still thinking in your case its the gain

I'm not sure what the gain is now. And other people have grounded on this same bolt on the other same exact model vehicle though?

I'm not sure what the gain is now. And other people have grounded on this same bolt on the other same exact model vehicle though?
Well you can do the minimum like most people do or do it right. Only can help. Cause even if that's not the problem with the amp it still will help keep your volts up=better on the amp........ and I'm just meaning the position the gain knob is at not like the number or anything

Finally, after about twenty hours of work and one shattered window later, my system works!!! I just have to put everything back together tomorrow.

The Solution: Two speaker wires in the roll bar were touching each other! The electrical tape came undone because I had gotten into a hurry. The ground was fine.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.