Amplifier Suggestions

Firewalker

CarAudio.com VIP
nowhere
As you know I am building a new box with new American Bass TNT-1044s. So for a current amp I have a PPI 1000.1 which I am looking to upgrade to help power those subs. I have looked a few and wonder if anyone has suggestions for an amp. Think I should be looking at a 2K to 3K just to have some headroom and to make sure I am not under powering them.

Price Range I am looking at is 200 to possibly 300 Max.

1. I've looked at the Taramps, MD 1800 or the Smart 3K. Some people have issues with their quality some do not. Plus it seems to me or am I wrong that they don't have the adjustable settings that most have.

2. I have looked at the new Wolfram 0-2400.0 Full Range Mono Block for 199.95 on preorder. Have anyone run Wolfram Audio with good luck? I have seen reports of overheating on some of their other ones.

Edit: Nope that O series line from Wolfram is a Chinese Board according to the owner on Facebook.

3. Korean Amps of course. Been watching some videos on Willistons Labs Dynos and he had some good info.

4. Another one I like is the Orion XTR-2500.1, problem is you can't find them for less the 450-600 dollars and that is waaaay out of my price range.

5. CAB 2K any word on those?

Also I plan on running my subwoofers at 1ohm.

Once again my thanks from the other thread involving upgrading the subwoofers and for any amp suggestions here.

Last edited:
I'd get the box built 1st... See how you like it and then plan for upgrades if you want more.
I think you might be happy after having a sealed substage previously.

That is the plan I was just planning ahead is all since I know I will have the money earlier then I thought. Still going to be 2-3 months away instead of after the New Year is all. Between Christmas, a PS5 and regular bills these next few months is gonna be hard on the pocket book!

The md1800 is still going to put out nearly 2200 watts at 14v so a big three and an alt is a Check box items for any direction you go.
If you’re going powerball winner status Then get the $250 smart 3 and call it a day. However I think Once you get the 3k Though you’re going to start thinking about mannnnn I should have got bigger woofers and then to your latest response all the expenses you have coming up will force you to chose the stereo spiral or other priorities. You’ll never get your full money back on used gear. The md1800 Gives you more than enough headroom for those tnt’s

all the half bridge korean Chinese amps you listed are going to take you to the higher threshold of your alt’s amperage output to get the power they claim.

Eh not concerned about getting money back on used gear. Usually I end up giving it to a family friend or something like that for cheap if they want something done and I am upgrading. I have 2 of the SD310-D2 sitting here one is in the vehicle now but I picked up a 2nd one a year ago on sundowns yard sale for 40 bucks, going to have shredder see if he can do up a sealed box for those for a Kia Soul in the next couple months and give it to my adoptive sisters car.

Thankfully the PS5 is almost paid for. Those are supposedly going for 499 & I have 450 set aside, my parental units are kicking in :D since it will be my birthday and christmas present as my bday is at the end of Nov. I kinda get lucky as they are nice enough to do stuff like that for me....gotta love being an only child sometimes!

But yeah I get where you guys are coming from. I just like to plan ahead is all in everything I do so I know what to expect it and when and for how much.

That Chinese line is the one I am talking about the. New O-2400.1 series that is coming out. I messaged them to find out what their adjustments are going to be like on it, the same as the arctic wolf series or different. I figured the boards are going to be different but curious to know if anyone else has purchased their chinese line. I know recently they switched board makers for their chinese line as they wanted to improve quality for them.

Well I was speaking in general of their other Chinese amplifiers they have released. I got them to release a photograph of the new amplifier and it's settings it will come with.

Attachments

• controls.jpg
    controls.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 248
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.