Amplifier repair suggestions

germanyt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Anyone know where might be the best place to send an old school Autotek MM4000.1D? There is nothing visually wrong with it but it won't play. Hooking it up sends it straight into protect. Really want to get it working. It's never been installed before.

Amp medic said he's swamped with business right bow and can't get to it at the moment. Also because it's a 10 year old amp he's not sure if it's something he wants to tackle.

Did you find a spot yet? I have the same amp and the same problem just happened to me last week. Amp went into protect and I don't know why. I emailed Maxxsonics a while back because I needed my MM8005.5 fixed and they gave me the info to a shop they use for their amps here in Southern California. Let me know if you still need the info. Im new to this website so if you do reply, be patient with me. Idk what im doing yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

View attachment 26554579View attachment 26554578

Did you find a spot yet? I have the same amp and the same problem just happened to me last week. Amp went into protect and I don't know why. I emailed Maxxsonics a while back because I needed my MM8005.5 fixed and they gave me the info to a shop they use for their amps here in Southern California. Let me know if you still need the info. Im new to this website so if you do reply, be patient with me. Idk what im doing yet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Nope. The one on facebook never replied to me and the ones on DIYMA apparently don't check pms. Or just ignored it. Amp medic was a no go. I also heard that Maxxsonic uses a facility in SoCal so I checked with them a while back and he couldn't give me any more info that ship it to him and he'll see what he can do. I'd like a little more assurance than that. If he had said, "oh i've seen a dozen of those with similar complaints. usually runs around 200 plus shipping to repair" I'd have jumped on it. He couldn't do anything other than tell me to ship it and it had to be insured and he'll let me know. It didn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.