Amplifier pop / DC output on turn-on (Pioneer PRS-D4100F) - VIDEO

Participant count
  • Participant list
each voice coil should not be run from a different side of the amp, even in mono mode..... if you had 2x single 4ohm woofers this would be fine, but you have one duel 4 ohm woofer. use this amp to run your speakers and get the matching mono prsa1200m I think it is.

Really? What's the difference? How does the amp know whether the two 4-ohm coils are on the same driver or not? (Not being sarcastic - I'd like to know why it's wrong)
lol good question..... how does it say to wire up ONE sub woofer off this amp in the manuel?

I just read in the manual that if no RCAs are hooked up to Input B, the gain for Input B needs to be set the same as Input A. I'll go do that, and make sure A/B are both set to LPF at the same frequency. Will post back in a sec.
Put Y splitters on the two RCA input cables and run them to all four inputs, see if your startup pop goes away, worked for my friends crap Pyramid amp.
ejais5.jpg

PLUS, something is VERY broken with your setup. The second video, Bass I love you, your sub should be MOVING like crazy almost the entire time. Your sub BARELY moves on the 29hz parts, but goes crazy at the 22hz parts! lol. Doesn't make sense. I'd almost guarantee that your voice coils are fighting each other! Either from getting a stereo signal, or one of them is wired in reverse polarity, or your LPF is set to 20hz.

Here is the entry out of your manual that corresponds with hookup of two speakers (or in this case, two voice coils):

pioneer.png

For your sub on your amp I would recommend wiring it like the bottom diagram. Treat each "speaker" in the manual page as ONE of your voice coils. It is wired INCORRECTLY in the photo you provided. Pay close attention to the polarity as well.

Just for testing set the LPF/HPF swith to "off" (the center position) for each channel.

Wire it like the bottom diagram, set both gains to approx 50%, LPF/HPF to OFF, switch at 2 channel (or 4 channel if you got the RCA Y splitters). Play Bass I Love You again, shoot a new video, and take a detailed photo of the settings panel on the top of the amp.

If the sub still doesn't move much except at that one frequency, try disconnecting wires from one voice coil, see if it preforms identically (on a short test).

Good luck.

-Jamie M.

To which part of my post are you referring? Playing with only one voice coil connected? When my POS 12" broke a voice coil tinsel lead wire it looked like it worked at 20hz but had hardly any output at anything over, kinda looked like how his sub looks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
-Jamie M.

don't wire one coil on a duel voiced coil subwoofer..... who told you that. twood like to see if those splitter stop the pop tho.

also for what he is trying todo, there is no correct way of doing it with that amp...... maybe i'm missing something

don't wire one coil on a duel voiced coil subwoofer..... who told you that.
I played one of my 12" subs on one voice coil for a week, no damage was done, lol. And I never play em gentle. Wasn't until I played Bass I Love You and had a look in my trunk that I noticed one sub wasn't working well, except on the very low stuff. Pulled it out, broken voice coil wire. It looked exactly like the OP's sub, so that's why I asked him to run a short test with one voice coil, see if it performs the same.
also for what he is trying todo, there is no correct way of doing it with that amp...... maybe i'm missing something
No argument with you there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
-Jamie M.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.