Amplifier overheating

Participant count
  • Participant list

sicro
10+ year member

arad
I have a Magnat amplifier (http://www.car-sound.ro/The_Rock_800-p234.html) used in the 3 channel mode, powering 2 SAL speakers, which have aprox. 50W rms each, wired in paralel with 2 no name tweeters (+4.5 condensators) and a Dibeisi subwoofer ( i have no ideea how many W it has..max. 150rms) in bridge mode.

It seems it doesnt like me very much as it overheats and turns off in aproximately 10-15 minutes of use. When i disconnect the subwoofer things seem to be fine.

Does this happen because the speakers are too small for this amplifier? Or why?

It's mounted vertically on it's side, the wires are 8GA, the ground is fine i think, you can't really say the air is moving over it, but it has the entire trunk to cool, bass boost is @ about 3db, gain-aproximately 90% and the subwoofer has 4 ohms impedance.

It seems you were right, after resetting the bass eq and the gain it doesnt power off anymore. However, it still gets kind of hot, possibly also due to the low quality speaker. Anyway, problem solved, thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.