Amplifier Installation, need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

JayWheezy
10+ year member

View attachment 26553776

My build is still in progress, so nothing is hooked up yet. Still need sound deadening supplies and wire. But I decided to test fit everything for now and see exactly how I'm going to do this. The subwoofer is an IDMAX10V.4, in a custom tline enclosure from CSCSTang. Amp is a Soundstream REF1.1000. Now what I am trying to figure out is where I should mount this. I would prefer not to mount it to my box, but I am running out of room.. lol. As of right now, I'm considering either building an amp rack that will fit the area next to the sub, or mounting it to the box on the same side(Right side in picture). I would like to know what you guys think, or if you see some potential to mount it elsewhere that I am not thinking of. Would of posted more pictures but uploading them is not working out, it was a miracle I got this one to upload.

That's what I was thinking. Granted it's not a whole lot of power, but I would rather not mount to the box. I could try to build an amp rack that would fit beside it but I'm not sure if I have the equipment or know-how to make it functional and pleasing to the eyes lol.. guess I will either try or find someone local to build it, though I like the idea of doing it myself. Just never worked with wood too much. Would it be a good idea to add some fans for extra cooling to the amp rack?

Build a simple amp rack its not hard at all, i have a $20 jigsaw and i built all 3 of my amp racks with it. Angled and floor levels i was able to do.

Its only cost you like $10 i always use spare wood parts that do it best has laying around and a few screws

And a fan will be a waste of money for an amp like that just dont clip, and also you probably wont have any vibration issues with that setup either just use a rubber bushing to mount the amp on top of the box and youd be good

I may just try that, I've been looking at the black and decker matrix set. Thinking of making a rack that will allow the amp to sit recessed in it, sideways, as if it were mounted to the side of the box. Will just be tricky working around the wheel well there. Thank you guys, definitely appreciate the input. I thought about mounting it on the side of the box with rubber bushings, but I've heard alot of people say that don't work much better, because the bolts/or screws will still transfer the vibrations to the amp..

By the way, in the picture, amp is not mounted, just had it sitting up there while I tried to find the best place for the amp. Seeing as there's no room for another battery, my plan is to do the big 3, and possibly upgrade my alt. Battery is an optima red top. Alt is stock, and I'm either going to spend the extra money on a singer HO alt, or replace with a new alt for the nissan quest, which is will be either 110A or 120A. Supposed to fit the location on my xterra with little to no problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.