Amplifier goes into protect...

Either you have no earthly clue what you're doing, or you just **** at explaining. I'm pretty sure its a combination of the two.

So let me get this straight. You have a 4 channel, and it's running 2 6x9's, correct? Those 6x9's are on their own channels on the amp, which are bridged channels (1+2 on one speaker, 3+4 on the other), correct?

So where are you coming up with 210 RMS and 120 RMS and "wanting" power? Their RMS power rating is how much they can HANDLE, not how much they draw, or "want".

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about if I'm wrong.

I get an assload of drum kick from 6.5's.
Totally missed this.

I said I wanted to get the most volume out of them - which would require giving them as much power as they can handle. Take a look at my post a bit more.

And, 6.5's are being installed. 4 of them. Where all the wiring is coming into play. But when the volume of the speakers is about a quarter of what they can easily put out without any strain and the amp pops off, I don't get a whole lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Hell, my engine can drown them out at the points where the amp goes into protect.

And, same problem. Bolted down a ground with a good ring terminal to the frame, after sanding it down to the metal. Still have the exact same problem.

Speakers are definitely underpowered at the times where it cuts off. Gains are low - not set correctly yet, but they're not set too high.

I'm wondering if it's the amp itself - but I'm not quite sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.