Amplifier for 12w6v3

Best jl audio for it would be slash but out of your proce point. They rate them at 600 but can take double that if clean. Im feeding mine 1000 with a rockford 1001bd and it can def take more. It ***** that its a d4 sub though.

At the shop I worked at (JL Dealer) until 2011 for 10w3v2/12w3v2 (similar power handling to v3) around 500 watts was always great for sealed.

Going with you are using a 1ft^3 sealed box I have believe we saw a 2-3 ohm max box (impedance) rise.

If it needs to be JL I would say go with:

Good watts are Good Watts, a honest 500 or 1000 @ 2 ohms or whatever watts are going to perform in a similar fashion.

1) JX500/1D (Cheapest) but still 500 watts. Unregulated

2) JX1000/1D 1000 watts, plenty of headroom, amp gain set correctly.) Unregulated

3) XD600/1v2 Nicer Amp looks wise... Unregulated

4) 600/1v3 Slash...Works and looks great...And never saw more amp failures. that JL Slash .....Stiffly Regulated.

5) HD750/1 Slash...Major improvement....early versions had a recall as they caught on fire....I assume they have improved. Stiffly Regulated.

hey thanks for the replies keep them coming.

What about monos from other brands?

Do i need an amp with bass eq, sub sonic filter and low pass? Because i am looking at the spec of mono amps and some have all three options and some dont.

hey thanks for the replies keep them coming.
What about monos from other brands?

Do i need an amp with bass eq, sub sonic filter and low pass? Because i am looking at the spec of mono amps and some have all three options and some dont.
If you are going ported yes a ss filter is desired so the sub doesnt play below tuning and possibly mechanically bottom out and fail, low pass will be set like at 80 or 100. Bass boost, eq, and that that stuff the amp will have it but mever touch it leave it at 0. There is a nice ARC amp for sale here in the classifieds that would he a decent match for a w6

i have decided on these two
XD600/1v2

600/1v3 Slash

besides the slash amp being more expensive. They are both 600rms. What is the difference between them?
Slash amps are on their own level. Rated plus all the down to 11v. The slash is more power hungry. And they are great looking amps

Slash does rated no matter what, imepdance rise and vltage drop dont affect it. (To certain point of course) has better processing and adjustments. If your paying retail though ($600) your doing a bad buy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.