Amplifier Choices, Clear and Powerful??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Questfs

I am in the process of upgrading my car stereo. My current choices to upgrade to are:

Pioneer Premiere 740MP Deck (3 preouts, 4V out)

2 - MTX 6104 10"s in sealed box 4 Ohms Rec RMS 250W PPower 500W

MTX Audio Thunder6000 T6.5 5.25" Components 4 ohms Rec RMS 40W PPower 80W

MTX Audio 6932 6x9" Rec RMS 40W PPower 150W 4 ohms

My question is will these amps give me a strong, clean sound?

Or would another amp be a better alternative?

I heard Rockford 4 channel Amps werent that good, Is this true?

RF 250M 250x1 @ 2ohms (for subs)

RF 200.4 Punch 4 channel leftover from last year

Also I am not preferential here if these speakers are a weak link then I would appreciate help here too.

Thanks,

Questfs

the best way to get good sound is to match the rms output of the amps w/ the rms input for the speakers they will be powering...or at least getting as close as possible... also what are the rms for the rockford amps??? rockford fosgate is a pretty good amp...

I have a set of polk audio 6.5 seperates in front, they're rated at 50wrms. I was powering them with an amp that gave me about 75 rms. They sounded pretty good.

Then I upgraded to an amp that puts out about 125 rms and everything is better, the highs are clearer, the lows are louder, the sq overall is MUCH better.

The issue isn't getting an amp that puts out "clear" power, the issue is getting one that puts out PLENTY of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.