Amplifier and head unit won't turn on. Troubleshoot help Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gabe147

Hello about a week ago when I was thumpin my subs they stopped working, I had them turned them up too much. I have 2 kicker cvr's 350 watt rms, kicker zx750.1 amp, alpine CDA-9887 head unit. What I know is that the settings on the amp was way too high, my volume went up to 15 (out of 35) before the protection light on the amp turned on (horrible settings). After cruising with the volume at 18 the next day my amp and head unit are completly dead. I checked both fuses on the amp and power and they're not damaged, there's no light what so ever on the amp.

note: twice when I was driving I attempted to turn on the deck it worked, my subs where slappin and my deck was on, everything like normal. This only happend two seperate times. My car lacked power as my headlights would dim when my subs where slappin.

If any knowledgable person can give me advice onto self troubleshoot I would be very greatful. I also have a multimeter on hand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.