Amplifier Advice

Sell all the garbage equipment you bought before doing any logical research and come back and we will build you a nice budget setup.
Well i'm not going to buy it all at the same time, no harm in starting with an amplifier. If you know some budget things that are better than what I have right now, then please suggest those too. I like using my sound system for Techno type music, if that factors into a setup at all.

I would ditch running 4 speakers and run one decent comp set up front. Get a big decent quality 4 channel, use the front outputs to run that , and bridge the rear channels on a decent 500 watt sub in a correct ported enclosure in the back.

I would ditch running 4 speakers and run one decent comp set up front. Get a big decent quality 4 channel, use the front outputs to run that , and bridge the rear channels on a decent 500 watt sub in a correct ported enclosure in the back.
What speakers/amp/sub do you recommend? I can only fit 4's in the front, because my car usually doesn't come with speakers, and there are now holes in my doors for 4's. (That kind of rhymed)

So I've just recently gotten a new Boss 612UA head unit and 4 new Pyle PL42BL 4-inch speakers in my car. I've noticed they don't play very loud and I was thinking about getting an amplifier, but I have no idea where to start. Could someone help me with picking a good amplifier for my setup?
Emphasis added

How will it end in tragedy?
Those speakers will just sound worse then blow if you add more power. All very terrible equipment and 4" speakers likely won't ever sound good full range

Emphasis added

Those speakers will just sound worse then blow if you add more power. All very terrible equipment and 4" speakers likely won't ever sound good full range
Is there a good 4" speaker out there that you know of?

Is there a good 4" speaker out there that you know of?
You have a lot working against you in this equation. Unless you are willing to re-think the audio setup entirely.

The thing to do is this.

Create a new thread, give your budget, your specific needs/wants. And let people who are obsessed about audio give you some system choices.

I am writing this as a friend and advocate. I look forward to making some suggestions in said thread.

Have a good one,

West

Dont worry about an amplifier to try and cover up poor sound with more power. Spend decent money on some quality speakers and a head unit and go from there. You can find good quality products in almost every price range but spending money on cheap, poorly made speakers will not make your car audio experience a good one. Rule number one...Never buy pyle or any Boss product that wasnt zed built. Also look into opening those holes up for 5 1/4 speakers because 4" just cannot give much of the lower to mid frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.