Amplifier Advice

Bcmonks
10+ year member

So I've just recently gotten a new Boss 612UA head unit and 4 new Pyle PL42BL 4-inch speakers in my car. I've noticed they don't play very loud and I was thinking about getting an amplifier, but I have no idea where to start. Could someone help me with picking a good amplifier for my setup?

Since you already have those, are you looking to add bass or amplify your mids and highs?
I'm trying to increase the volume of the speakers, they don't play very loud. I guess if I had to choose between bass and highs and mids, I guess bass, but isn't a subwoofer for that?

if you dont have a crossover all your mids, highs and subs will go to the speakers, its best to get a 2 or 4 channle amp for your mids and highs and a suwoofer /amp the built in crossover in these amps will separate the frequency going to your speaker and lower frequency will be sent to the sub.

try not to get cheap products from now on

if you dont have a crossover all your mids, highs and subs will go to the speakers, its best to get a 2 or 4 channle amp for your mids and highs and a suwoofer /amp the built in crossover in these amps will separate the frequency going to your speaker and lower frequency will be sent to the sub.
try not to get cheap products from now on
What's a good amp to get? You said it needs to be 4 channel, but other then that, I have absolutely no idea what i'm looking for.

What's a good amp to get? You said it needs to be 4 channel, but other then that, I have absolutely no idea what i'm looking for.
how much can you spend and what is the wattage of your speakers.

you need to give a budget for your mids and highs amp, sub amp and subwoofer, i would recommend the apsm 1500 $122 for inexpensive sub amp

how much can you spend and what is the wattage of your speakers.
you need to give a budget for your mids and highs amp, sub amp and subwoofer, i would recommend the apsm 1500 $122 for inexpensive sub amp
I guess $170 would be my maximum for one item, that way I can buy each item a few weeks apart.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.