Amplified door speakers issues!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

DqSp

CarAudio.com Newbie
Plano
I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe with Bose system,
Replacing HU with pioneer avh2400 nex, PAC for controls, sundown sfb 500.4d for amp, components imagine dynamics front and rear.

I had a local hobbyist create a factory bypass amp bypass wire harness so I can tap into door speakers without cutting into wires (speakers are no longer going through factory amp) .. I've connected and double checked all connections and I'm only getting sound from rear speakers and ONLY tweeters in the front (no mids).. I'm completely lost as to why.. checked door polarities and even swapped amps.. local shops doesn't want to work on anything anyone else has worked on, and I'm not pulling everything so he can tax me to the moon and back.. I'd appreciate some insight if possible.. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Awesome I'll give him a shout and follow up! Thanks a lot I didn't think of that!
So I pulled everything apart replaced wiring and verified everything is connected properly. The stock tweeters are wired parallel with door wiring and the Bose amplifier has four channels of output as do the current setup, so I'm going to replace head unit and PAC interface to verify I have no issue with product other than that I don't know what else to look into.

So I pulled everything apart replaced wiring and verified everything is connected properly. The stock tweeters are wired parallel with door wiring and the Bose amplifier has four channels of output as do the current setup, so I'm going to replace head unit and PAC interface to verify I have no issue with product other than that I don't know what else to look into.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605-090520_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-090520_Gallery.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20220605-092852_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-092852_Chrome.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20220605-092911_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-092911_Chrome.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220425_213830.jpg
    20220425_213830.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 20
I have components in all four doors, imagine dynamics 6.5 and yes they do, input output mids and tweeters..
So amp goes into x-over, x-over splits the signal, only the tweeters play. You also stated that rear speakers play the full spectrum. I assume the x-over is in the door? Connect the midrange by-passing the x-over, see if it plays full range.
If it plays full, then the x-over is the issue. If it does not play full, there may be an in-line tweeter x-over or the settings on the amp or radio may need adjustment.

So I figured it out! There is a network mode and standard mode that requires a selection on my pioneer. When I first started the install I must have selected Network and that's what was not given me any sound out of my fronts. After selecting standard mode all was good to go. The only thing about that was I had to use the fader to cross into the rear to have a sound. Being that the fronts overpower the rears via gain settings you couldn't tell the difference of coaxials and components being in the rear. It sounds really well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...