amp wont turn off..

Participant count
  • Participant list

hert1028

RCA
I have just got a diamond audio d5 600.1 and it wont turn off after I turn the car off. I'm running it off a Lc6 and tapped it off the stock amp in the back. Even after I take the remote off the amp is still on. Check my all my connecions and nothing is wrong, check power wire to see if it's touching remote and still nothing. I had the same issue before when I had the JL 500/1 and by the time I noticed that amp fried. what am I doing wrong?

I have just got a diamond audio d5 600.1 and it wont turn off after I turn the car off. I'm running it off a Lc6 and tapped it off the stock amp in the back. Even after I take the remote off the amp is still on. Check my all my connecions and nothing is wrong, check power wire to see if it's touching remote and still nothing. I had the same issue before when I had the JL 500/1 and by the time I noticed that amp fried. what am I doing wrong?
if you unplug everything but the + and - it still stays on?

no, it shuts off but after i connect the neg, start the car then turn off the car the amp stays on.
Okay. Could be a triggering issue with the amp?

wait.. if you start the car without anything hooked up (remote wire lc6 etc etc, only + and - hooked in) it turns the amp on after my step?

Honestly I'm not sure, I personally haven't heard of this type of issue with an amp. I have heard of the remote wire leaving the amp on, but staying on after being triggered and only turning off after the negative is removed even if you remove all the other wires, I'm not sure.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I just don't know what wrong anymore.. The Lc6 is able to turn off but the amp stays on. After removing the remote the amp is still on and turns off when I take the neg off from the battery. I plug everything back on and start the process over and amp is back on.

What happens if you disconnect the Remote input and short the remote input to ground with a jumper wire? Does it turn off then?

It does sound like an issue with the Remote input trigger circuit, but can't help you troubleshoot without a schematic.

Can you take the amp covers off and shoot a pictures of the top and bottom of the circuit board near the Remote input connection?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.