Amp wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Inferno13
10+ year member

Jah live!
Ohio
now i've heard different things. ive heard that if you run the sub wires and the amp wires together you get a static feed back some how. does anyone have the specifics on this rumor? reply if you know anything.

Well usually the sub wires are inside the box, so they shouldnt come into contact with eachother, but if they do they MIGHT create static, i dont know really.

i believe what you are trying to say is the amp's power wire and the RCA's going from the head unit to the amp. and yes the RCA's are prone to picking up noise from any electrical power source, power wires, fuse box, electric motors, etc.. the better quality rca you get the better shielding it will have but you still want to avoid any electrical source you can. that is why it is advised to run the power wire down one side of the car and the RCA's down the other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.