Amp Wired But No Output to Subs.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ytmgjae

Mi
I recently received a MB Quartz Onyx 1600 amp and I have wired it all correctly to my knowledge. Green light no protect light but I get nothing from my subs. What am I doing wrong? It says 2gauge wire is required for installation but my 4gauge wire fits in the terminal pretty good. Is it most likely the problem?

I have a JVC KWR600BTE.. Looks just like that. I do have a setting for Rear or Subwoofer. With my last amp I had it set to rear and it worked just fine.. hooked up my new amp and I get nothing.

If the power is on with the amp, then there is more then likely a signal problem. I've pinched a many rca's in day, and that will lead to a many cuss words, lol. I would retrace your signal cable, and do a continuity test with a multimeter, just to be sure.

Okay thank you I will try that out tomorrow and let you know what happens.. I also tried the rca to 3.5 plugged into my phone and I get output that way.. Just no Output coming from my headunit. So its either a pinched wire like you said or my Input terminals on the amp are gone. I may have pinched a wire when removing my other amp a few days ago.

Update: I was checking to make sure the RCA's were good and when I plugged them into the back of the headunit it made the subs move.. I can assume that means the amp is all wired correctly? I dont understand what is going on? Does having a factory amp make installing an aftermarket one more difficult? I had a amp before this one with no problems.

you either have a problem with a setting on the headunit or the amplifier is messed up. I am assuming the amp is your problem considering your only change was amplifiers. it might b a lot of work, but put your old amplifier back in, and see if you get bass. I have recieved a many amplifiers DOA in my day, and it's nothing but calling customer service and getting a return authorization number. you would have your new and working amp in no time!!! If it was delivered o you, then I would almost bet it has seen very cruel conditions during the delivery process//

Yep.. Well I boxed it back up and gonna ship it out today, Just wish I didnt have to wait another week or two for my amp lol thank you for helping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.