Amp Voltage Low. Need help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
My voltage at the batteries is fine. I was wondering why is it so much lower at the amp than at the batteries and is this normal?
What kind of Wiring are you using??? How far is your ground from the amp? Check how much power you're ground is getting

What kind of Wiring are you using??? How far is your ground from the amp? Check how much power you're ground is getting
Don't know the brand just some 0 gauge I bought from a shop nearby. My ground is around 3ft from my amp. How do I check how much power my ground is getting?

Don't know the brand just some 0 gauge I bought from a shop nearby. My ground is around 3ft from my amp. How do I check how much power my ground is getting?
Put lead on the DMM on the pos on the last battery and then touch the negative ground on your car where the ground is coming from. Ask some one else who knows alittle more about all this stuff they can help you better then I can.

That thread is about which battery option I should go with. This thread is about my voltage at the amp being lower than at the batteries. My current batteries stay around 13.2, 13.3 when the bass hits, but my voltage at the amp is around 12.4. Are you saying that upgrading batteries will solve this problem? Not trying to be an ass, but other responses are greatly appreciated.

That thread is about which battery option I should go with. This thread is about my voltage at the amp being lower than at the batteries. My current batteries stay around 13.2' date=' 13.3 when the bass hits, but my voltage at the amp is around 12.4. Are you saying that upgrading batteries will solve this problem? Not trying to be an ass, but other responses are greatly appreciated.[/quote']
Sorry I am just trying to see whats the problem... Please remove the + and - leads from your amp VERY CAREFULLY and check the voltages with the amp disconnected.... watch your self don't **** any thing up...If they are fine then its just your amp drawing in alittle extra juice, or a bad ground I am not sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.