can you do the big 3 with 4 guage?

I did mine today with 4ga. I ran 1/0 to my sub, and I know people on here recommend 1/0 for the big 3, but It would have been 10 times harder running anything bigger than 4 on my f150. I even had a hard time moving the 4 around when I did the engine ground to chassis. My amp will be in tomorrow, I'm hoping my light dimming will be gone. Good luck man

I just did mine with 4. Before it idled at 13.5 with lights off. With lights on 13.2. Now 14.0 and 13.7 at idle it fluctuates with lights on or off the numbers are the same. Before lights dimmed when either window was being rolled up. Now both have to be going and ac on for them to dim just a little and voltage drops to 13.4.

I just did mine with 4. Before it idled at 13.5 with lights off. With lights on 13.2. Now 14.0 and 13.7 at idle it fluctuates with lights on or off the numbers are the same. Before lights dimmed when either window was being rolled up. Now both have to be going and ac on for them to dim just a little and voltage drops to 13.4.
your lights drop your voltage .3? holy hell..

I'll be doing the "Big 3" this weekend on my '08 Silverado...using 1/0 gauge from Knu...**** stuff is HEAVY but it is quite flexible and will be no problem to work with. I would honestly not do it if I didn't use at least 1/0 gauge...it's cheap insurance and assures you are taking full advantage as to why so many believe in and have seen results. IMHO. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

yea and since thegreatestpenn has a ton of wire for sale buy some from him to do it in 1/0(thats what i did). I first had mine done in 4 then went to 1/0 i would tell a diff do it right the first time

I first had mine done in 4 then went to 1/0 i would tell a diff do it right the first time
x2

did the same thing. now i have a bunch of short 4g pieces sitting in the garage until the day they eventually get thrown out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.