Amp voltage drops when remote wire turned on.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sully255

CarAudio.com Newbie
Il
I am having an issue with my amp when the remote wire is turned on. Before I turn on the remote wire ( turning on stereo) I have 11.2 volts on the amp and the remote wire and positive on amp. As soon as I turn on the stereo the positive and remote wire voltage drops to 2.x I believe it is the head unit. Can someone confirm my theory?

Thank you.

The head unit would not cause the battery voltage to drop. Sounds more like a bad connection somewhere. My first check would be the amplifier ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Yeah, put the probes on the power wire and ground wire of the amplifier. Multimeter on DC. Do not put it on the wires that go to your speakers. M
Thank you all for all the replies, I intend to reply to each and every one individually as I test things out. Here's the latest development that...
16.6 is way too high. That will destroy an AGM battery. What alternator brand did you use? Sounds like a voltage regulator issue. Are you...
It depends on the brand. My JL has 500k Ohms, old Fosgate has 80k Ohms, and old Orion has 80 Ohms. These are the ones I had on hand for testing.
The HU us likley 12-15 x 4 at best so yes, using an amp will be hugely beneficial, night and day. The HU us not going to drive a sub to any...

About this thread

Sully255

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sully255
Il
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from