Amp turns off... still

Spazz131

CarAudio.com Recruit
Michigan
Okay here we go again. My amp will turn off, when the bass hits, but only if the bass hits well im accelerating. I've checked grounds quite a bit but will gladly do so more, I've installed big 3, a nice battery, and a HO alternator. I'm using a PRX1000.1 Memphis Amp, with 2 10in 600Watt alpine-s, and a jensen 500watt 4chan powering 4 alpine type-R. I'm confused as hell, and really don't know where to go next. To make things even weirder it sometimes works flawlessly where as sometimes i literally have to turn my gain down to make it even function or else it just keeps power cycling. Sometimes both amps restart, and sometimes If I have A.C going, even that cycles. To me it sounds like a grounding issue. My truck is a 2008 f150. Any ideas?

I think you might have a short somewhere .
No necessarily in the stereo equipment.
What is with the F150's
My brother has one, 2014
When I borrow it I can't use my Radar Detector
Everytime I hit the gas the "Laser" warning goes nuts

If your amp is hitting 16 then I would agree AnthonyO
Just for my own curiosity, what size fuse do you have on the amp
If the amp is enough power to shut down other electrical components you would think it would blow the fuse
Stranger things have happened though

Where is your amp remote connected? Do you have a clip indicator? You should make one out of a tweeter and capacitor if you don't and test the amp.

Also what is the final impedance of your subs at the terminals?

Where is your amp remote connected? Do you have a clip indicator? You should make one out of a tweeter and capacitor if you don't and test the amp.

Also what is the final impedance of your subs at the terminals?
No I don't have a clip indicator How do I make one?
My amp remote is right at my side.

I would check your remote that turns the amps on/off. Are you jumping from amp to amp or using a relay?
If a relay is a distributor block than yes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...