amp to woofer connections

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingpin_jeffie
10+ year member

i need a vacation...
Erie, PA
alright my cousin just picked up a Profile 800sx 200x2 and hes gonna wire it in parallel to a pair of Infinity Reference 12's to give him 300x2 @2 ohms now the question is what guage power wire should he get? also what guage speaker wire should he pick up?

thanks for your input

for the batt to amp i'd go w/ 8 ga

from amp to sub 12 or 10 probably 12 though....good luck

also make sure you put a fuse close (probably w/ in 10") to the batt...

Yeah I'd say the 4 gauge... one more thing, check the rms on those subs. If I remember correctly the rms is below 200 on each. If this is true then you dont have to bridge the amp, thus keeping a 4 ohm load, keeping cleaner output, and allowing the amp to run hotter. Just a little concern before something bad happens, like blowin 'em.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.