Amp to speaker wiring questions.

[quote name='hellastock_rsx']Thank you @dudeogo for actually answering my questions. So the pic I attached for the 12 is correct then? Also the 10s are 4ohm.

And @Buick_66 they are all in the same box but sealed off in their own chambers. And I doubt it makes a difference but the 10s are on each side facing up with the twelve in the middle facing the back of the car (all sealed). And honestly I just know the basics on subs like how to run wires for them and tune them by ear but I dont know how to tune a sub to specific Hz so idk what they're tuned to. But I personally think they hit hard af and sound good for mixed subs and so does anyone that heard them. Maybe one day I'll just switch to two 12s, but for now I'm happy with my setup. And I did a bunch of research on mixing subs so i know it's not as simple as just "cancelling each other" but I just thought I'd keep it simple lol.[/QUOTE]

The 12 diagram is right. And your 10s you can only go to 1 ohm or 4. I would suggest buying a 1 ohm stable amp and wiring them to use with that and you're welcome

They're DVC so I guess ill just have to live with 4ohm on those lol. But cool, now that I'm suree those are right I can finally get my stuff wired up correctly. Thanks for all the help from everyone.

O ya, one last question. The Memphis amp has two sets of positive & negative terminals and ik they're still on the same channel so does it matter weither I run a positive wire from one set and the negative from the other or should I run them both from the same set?

On the 2 10s... they are dual 4s. So wire each sub to 2 ohms like the 12, and you can either run 2 ohm stereo or 4 ohms bridged on the 2ch amp...
The memphis amp is a mono block and is going to the 12. But there's two sets of terminals so does it matter whether I wire it like it shows in the middle pic in the manual (I'll attach a pic) or just run the wires out of the same set?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.