amp to power 2 12" solo-baric L7s

jcorso24

i was wondering what would be a good choice to power these speakers? also, I have 2 but would one be enough to thump. At the moment I have a rockford fosgate 800.2 but I havent hooked it up yet. I was wondering if i should return this and buy somethin' else. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well the 800.2 should be able to power them sufficiently, however, you may be limited on the final impedence that you can wire to. What are the subs Voice Coil Ratings (ohms)? It would likely be in your best interest to upgrade to the Fosgate bd1000.1- it is designed for lower ohm loads and increased power output. Shold provide you a little more flexibility with your system.

Take it easy,

-zane

Go with a jbl1200.1. I am pretty sure that it is stable down to 1ohm and will give each of your solo barics 6 hundy watts which is prime considering that they are rated at 750 rms.

"about" 926 watts out of that amp? Sounds like you were meaning EXACTLY 926 watts out of that amp. Every amp is different, as the birthsheets will state, they will vary from amp to amp, the 800.2 will provide tons of power for one L7 BUT, I don't think it is the right amp for you most likely. What ohm is the voice coil(s)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.