AMP Suggestion for an off the wall mini build.

why3zx

Hey guys, got an idea in my head and am running with it.

Wife has a little hatch back, she wants some bump but doesn't want to sacrifice room, so my mind has started wandering..

I have Stang building me a T-Line box for one Massive Audio SUMMO64 6.5" sub. box will be wide and short at only 7.5" inches tall. Tuned to 50HZ.

This sub is only rated at 300W and this is going to be a cheap and dirty build. And I kind of want to put the screws to this sub and see what It can do with a good box and a bunch of power. And at 70$ I sure don't mind popping one to find its limits!

So what cheap and dirty amp suggestions do ya have with budget being the biggest factor? Size being the second biggest factor. But above all, enough power to push to this subs limits!

Thanks!!

Hey guys, got an idea in my head and am running with it.
Wife has a little hatch back, she wants some bump but doesn't want to sacrifice room, so my mind has started wandering..

I have Stang building me a T-Line box for one Massive Audio SUMMO64 6.5" sub. box will be wide and short at only 7.5" inches tall. Tuned to 50HZ.

This sub is only rated at 300W and this is going to be a cheap and dirty build. And I kind of want to put the screws to this sub and see what It can do with a good box and a bunch of power. And at 70$ I sure don't mind popping one to find its limits!

So what cheap and dirty amp suggestions do ya have with budget being the biggest factor? Size being the second biggest factor. But above all, enough power to push to this subs limits!

Thanks!!
how much $/ power? cab is huge and very strong, if u want real cheap that works well (they get warm only 2 ohm stable) get autotek sma 1600 500rms have 1 here in box but shippings a pain look on amazon., if u want good, strong and cheap get ppi p1k like mine $153..

Thanks for the suggestions!

Looks like that SKAR is discontinued. A few places still have some stock but for the price I am kind of leaning towards the Massive E2. 400W RMS at 4ohm should be enough to see what the 6.5 will take in a T-Line.

Anyone have any experience pounding on a single 6.5?

I was able to pick up that JL amp for cheap, so now its just a wait on the box, driver showed up and its a cute little bugger!
500/1 is a great amp. T-line will push mechanical limits on a sub, you'll likely bottom it out and break it mechanically before the coil fails.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.