Amp not playing full volume first few minutes its turned on

Participant count
  • Participant list

sirmalcs

SC
When I crank my car up my amp comes on but plays at 10% volume for first few minutes then randomly will kick up to normal set volume. Amp's power light is on, all wired connections double checked and good. (Note) I have the sound input running through an external high level output converter. Now the weird thing, if I ground the high level speaker wires for a second the amp kicks right into normal playing and will continue to play from that point on with no volume issues.

When I crank my car up my amp comes on but plays at 10% volume for first few minutes then randomly will kick up to normal set volume. Amp's power light is on, all wired connections double checked and good. (Note) I have the sound input running through an external high level output converter. Now the weird thing, if I ground the high level speaker wires for a second the amp kicks right into normal playing and will continue to play from that point on with no volume issues.
sounds like a bad converter to me.

and this is why LOCs are the worst way to go signal wise.

People area saying with newer vehicles that HU are dam near impossible to replace because of all the extra BS that's intregated within the HU and steering wheel controls.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.