Amp + sub issues, please help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigJoe22

Bear with me, Im new!

I have in my truck now, two 12" Kicker CompR's (3200 watt max 1600 rms) & two Pioneer Shallow mount 10's (500 watt max, 250 rms) and was running all of that on a 1000 watt 4 ch bridgeable Nitro amp. When I tried to add a second amp (Hitron 1100 monoblock) I blew the fuse in the first amp. I took EVERYTHING out and rewired it all. Now I can have both amps powered but they both make my subs pulse. I disconnected the second amp, thinking that was the problem, and went back to my original set up. Subs are still pulsing.

I have a good ground, all the wires are exactly how they where, except one thing I changed.

I had a toggle switch on my power wire, and moved that to my remote wire thinking it would allow my amp to get more power. That wouldnt effect the subs pulsing would it?

Any help is appreciated!

Either you have a bad ground in the amp or the bad RCA Could be the amps. They both are know for these types if issues. Entry level amps and not very good ones at that

I just don't get how the Nitro has been working fine for months, then when I try to add the second it didnt work, and now it sounds like hell even after I went back to the original set up.

I just don't get how the Nitro has been working fine for months, then when I try to add the second it didnt work, and now it sounds like hell even after I went back to the original set up.
Could be many things or just one What you need to do is start diagnosing and rule out possibilities Star by checking all your wires for loose or bad connections. Then try using a aux to RCA plug and plug directly into the amp a iPod or MP3 player. If the issue is gone. Then it's either the RCA or deck. If not it rules them out. Then try another amp. If mouse still there them it's in the wiring

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.